I'm a Postdoctoral Associate at Purdue University and my supervisor is Prof. Sunil Prabhakar. I'm an organizer of Purdue Data Quality Meetups and an instructor for Spring 2015 CS 44800 Introduction To Relational Database Systems.
Research Interests and Expertise
I'm interested in data integration, machine learning, relational databases, recommendation systems, data mining, web development.
[January 2014 - Now] - PostDoc at Purdue University, USA
[November 2008 - April 2013] - PhD candidate at the University of Trento, Italy
[October 2007 - July 2008] - Professional Master in Technologies for e-government at the University of Trento, Italy
[September 2002 - October 2008] - Master degree at Radio Physics and Electronics department at the Belarusian State University, Belarus
[September 1991 - June 2002] - Primary school 12 in Vitebsk, Belarus
[January 2015 - May 2015] - Instructor, CS448 Introduction to Relational Databases, Purdue University, USA
[January 2010 - February 2010] - Teaching assistant, Information Management and Integration, University of Trento, Italy
[February 2009 - May 2009] - Teaching assistant, Advanced Information Systems, University of Trento, Italy
[November 2008 - January 2009] - Teaching assistant, Information Management and Integration, University of Trento, Italy
13. Siarhei Bykau, Evgeny Krivosheev and Sunil Prabhakar: Detecting and Leveraging Confused Observations in Truth Discovery. (WSDM) (submitted)
12. Romila Pradhan, Siarhei Bykau and Sunil Prabhakar: Staging User Feedback toward Rapid Conflict Resolution in Data Fusion. (SIGMOD) (submitted)
11. Siarhei Bykau, Jihwan Lee, Divesh Srivastava and Yannis Velegrakis: Contextual Linkage in Evolving Web Content (SIGMOD) (submitted)
10. Jessica L. Yorzinski, Gail L. Patricelli, Siarhei Bykau, Michael L. Platt: Selective attention in peacocks during assessment of rival males. The Journal of Experimental Biology (prepared for submission)
9. Bykau S., Korn F., Srivastava D., Velegrakis Y. Fine-Grained Controversy Detection in Wikipedia. ICDE [paper] [slides]
8. Bykau, S., Koutrika, F., & Velegrakis, Y. Coping with the Persistent Cold-start Problem. PersDB [paper] [slides]
7. Bykau, S., Rizzolo, F., & Velegrakis, Y. A Query Answering System for Data with Evolution Relationships. SIGMOD
6. Bykau, S., Mylopoulos, J., Rizzolo, F., & Velegrakis, Y. On Modeling and Querying Concept Evolution. Journal on Data Semantics
5. Bykau, S., Mylopoulos, J., Rizzolo, F., & Velegrakis, Y. Supporting Queries Spanning Across Phases of Evolving Artifacts using Steiner Forests. CIKM.
4. Katifori, A., Nikolaou, C., Platakis, M., Ioannidis, Y., Tympas, A., Koubarakis, M., Sarris, N., et al. The Papyrus digital library: discovering history in the news. TPDL
3. Bykau S., Kiyavitskaya N., Tsinaraki C., Velegrakis Y. Bridging the gap between heterogeneous and semantically diverse content of different disciplines. In FlexDBIST.
2. Rizzolo, F., Velegrakis, Y., Mylopoulos, J., Bykau, S. Modeling concept evolution: a historical perspective. In ER.
1. Presa, A., Velegrakis, Y., Rizzolo, F., Bykau, S. Modelling Associations through Intensional Attributes. In ER.
[July 2008] - Master Thesis - University of Trento - Testing Domain Gate in the industrial context. [Abstract] [Full]
[June 2007] - Diploma of specialist - Belarusian State University - Development of Single Sign-On component in a complex landscape. [Abstract][Full]